Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Well the sewing is all done for this year..



Oops, you weren't supposed to see that!

Now, its on to the cooking.. I have been invited to my Son's for Christmas Eve dinner and gift giving.  How did this month go by so fast?  It's tomorrow and my contributions need to be made a day in advance.  Whew, just in time.

So, this is a new dish for me.  I had it at our family reunion this fall in Alabama.  Made by my newly found cousin Sandra, it made a big hit with me.  And with all the red and green vegies, it just looks so festive.  She gave me permission to share the recipe with you, so here it is.  Now I just need a pretty dish to serve it in and Im good to go to the party....



Corn Salad

2-4 cans white corn, drained
2-4 cans Mexicorn, drained
Celery, green onion, white onion, chopped
Green, red, yellow bell peppers chopped
Cucumber chopped
Tomato chopped
Grated Cheddar Cheese
 
Combine all ingredients in a bowl,
 
Dressing
 
Mix one package dry Zesty Italian Dressing seasoning
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup mayonaise
pepper and garlic salt to taste
 
Mix dressing and pour over the salad, mix well and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
 
 
This is soooo good, but it makes a LOT..so you could cut it down for serving at home.
I have had it on a bed of lettuce with dinner and it rocks..
 
It just tastes so Southern..I hope you enjoy trying it.  This one has made it to the family cookbook.
 
Now where is that pretty bowl? 
 
I sure hope everyone has a safe and joyful holiday.  Give all your family a hug and remember,
"It's not the gift but the giving"
 
 
Peace to you and yours!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you like