Friday, October 5, 2012

In The News

The local newspaper came to interview me and to take pictures of the quilts I have made for the McCall's  Quilt Design Star 2012 challenge. 

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.basehorinfo.com/news/2012/oct/03/quilter-competes-national-title/

I am so pleased that the local paper took interest in my efforts.  The young woman who came to visit seemed genuinely interested and happily viewed the quilt entries.

I am not usually happy with my picture, but this time, she did get a nice looking shot. Well, as nice I am capable of looking on film anyways.

It has been a very good experience for me to have entered this challenge.  I am not confident in showing my efforts and my work. I usually share to a narrow group of friends that I know pretty well.  I wanted to push myself a bit and to reach out to a wider audience.  So, this challenge has accomplished, beyond my expectations, both of those goals.

I really did not think I had a large enough network of friends and family to make it very far.  But, they all came to support me by voting and sharing the links.  I was humbled by the support that allowed me to advance to the first challenge.  Then to the second.  And now to the final challenge.

Each time, I was not sure my work was up to the level of competition in my category.  And now, I am very excited and proud to have been able to achieve a reasonable entry into this final round.  I am happy that the support continues to grow and expand.

So, of course, I would love to win this final round. 

But here is the thing:  I am so pleased to have made it this far. Whether my quilt wins the final or not, I truly feel that I am already a winner.  I have more than achieved my goals. I have pushed myself beyond what I thought I was capable of, I have realized the support of my family, and I have made some very dear new friends along the way.

We are still weeks away from knowing the results, but I would like to say Thank You to all of you who have and are still voting.  I want to say Thank You to those who have left such meaningful comments on the voting page.  I want to say Thank You to all of you who have shared links with your friends and families.  And most of all, I want to say Thank You to those of you who have been there every step of the way with personal support and encouragement.  I could not have done this without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you like