Friday, January 13, 2012

I love it when someone is this happy...

with the work I have done for them.. Some of you may remember the recent post about the t-shirt quilt I did for a very special client.

She received the quilt yesterday and sent me this repsonse to the quilt today:

Dear Judy,

I picked up the box at the post office this morning. The quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Everyone at the Archaeological Research Institute is raving about it. They’ve convinced me to hang it in the lobby outside my office rather than on my own office wall, so that everyone can enjoy it all day. I love the cream and black pieced border and the running key stitching in red. The fabric choices you made to tie all the T-shirts together were perfect. The dropped shadow effect around each block adds so much depth to the overall appearance. The quilt is an amazing work of art, and we will cherish it as an heirloom. It’s great to have such a beautiful piece to celebrate the heritage of the Roosevelt Archaeology Project and ARI. Thank you for your creative eye and all your hard work.

You are welcome to post photos and my comments on your website and blogs now. My husband was here when I opened the box, and he thinks it’s a wonderful use of the Roosevelt T-shirts I had been saving for 20 years.

If you have some business cards you can send me, I would be pleased to hand them out when people who visit our lobby comment about the quilt. I’m sure it will become part of our tours of ARI from now on.

Since I am a historian and museum person, I would appreciate having you mail me a signed and dated letter documenting when, where and how the quilt came to be. You could mail it with your business cards.

And as a follow up, today she has asked for a label, how cool is that? 
 
In case you forgot, here is a picture of the quilt:
 

1 comment:

  1. That is such a nice tribute to your work Judy! I agree it is a fabulous work of art.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you like