Sunday, December 18, 2011

Studio is up and running

OK, I have pulled up all the carpet in my new studio space and laid down new laminate flooring.  Whew, that took me about 5 weeks where it would have taken a normal person about three days.

Now, the sewing machines and furniture are in place, Long Arm "Mandy" is up and running and I am once again sewing.  This is a huge welcome in my life right now.  Its time to get busy generating a little income from my passion. 









I have two commission jobs on the books. They were interupted by the move and its time to get them done and on to their new homes. 

This is a T-shirt quilt I designed around the special Tshirts provided by the client. I completed the top yesterday. I will load it on the Long Arm and quilt it up this coming week. Stay tuned for the "better" pictures of the completed Quilt.  It is a commission job and will be going to Arizona as a Christmas gift.


And I started a new applique project for when Im tired and sitting in the recliner at the end of the day...
This is a free Block of the Month pattern called Vintage Tiles Revisited by Dorothy Baker for Lecien. You can find it here: http://www.lecienusa.com/blockofmonth/  We are doing this as a cyber sew along at Quilting Haven, you are welcome to come and join us here: http://www.quiltinghaven.com/index.php?topic=2520.0

We are a free message board full of fun and friendly quiltling folk.

Here is my fabric choices

And my version of Block One, completed with its border on...



Now, to celebrate Mandy's installation, and to give her a little workout, I am offering a Long Arm Quilting sale to the first 10 who commit by January 15.  I am offering 1/3 off the normal price of 1.5 cents per square inch for edge to edge quilting using a pantograph.  If you are interested in this sale, you can email me at
Judy@MyQuiltFabric.com for a pricing quote.

I hope everyone is getting ready to enjoy the Holidays and that you all have a little time for yourself to do what you love!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you like