Monday, August 22, 2011

OMG did I really wear that?

I have been sorting, packing and moving all my stuff.  This is a very hard task for me as I am a collector.
I collect lots of things. Vintage textiles is my passion as well as vintage sewing items, sewing machines, etc.

In downsizing, I am trying to determine the things that I value and enjoy the MOST!  This is a very difficult thing to do.  I have been thinking about what makes an item collectible.. Ill talk more about that in a day or so, after I have had a chance to mull it over in my mind a bit more.

So today, I came across a few items from my childhood and I thought you might enjoy them..

See if you remember too, these little fashions from the past.

First, my little Brownie uniform, complete with the socks, orange tie, and belt.


And who wore this?  Do you remember when polka dots were in fashion?  Well they come into vogue over and over again.. This particular time was about 1968.

 But the most interesting of all is this paper dress.  Yes, you read correctly. 

This is a PAPER dress. Vintage circa 1970



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you like