Friday, April 27, 2012

What's new?

I'm in one of those in between times.. in between finishing a project and starting another one. Here is the project that I just finished. I was given a set of nine tshirts commemorating the Roosevelt Project at Arizona State University. I worked with the owner on color and design elements and created this quilt for her.. then, I quilted it, bound it, added a label and a hanging sleeve. Now it is in the care of the United States Postal Service. It should be delivered to her tomorrow according to their tracking site.

I finishsed and gave the baby quilts to my Daughter in Law at the Baby Shower!

And I entered the McCalls Design Star 2012 contest with a quilt I made some time ago...
I hope you will all vote for me.. Ill post the link when voting starts on May 1

Also, I met a new blogger and added her to my blog list.. be sure and check out her blog at
http://www.kimzquilts.blogspot.com/

So, whats next?  I am working on a quilt restoration for a client.  Ill post more about that later, but the biggest issue is finding matching fabric to replace the bad parts.  I did locate some vintage fabric, but, the quilt has faded over the years and so, doesn't match.. I am off to prepare a pot of dye remover...to lighten it up a bit.. and since I only have a small piece, I am holding my breath that I get it right...

Wish me luck..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you like